PS3 Game Ruse
- Displays maps a hundred times larger than in traditional RTS games.
- Huge spectrum of mechanized and infantry units
- Strategic skills with fast-paced, addictive adversarial skirmishes
R.U.S.E is a Real-time Strategy (RTS) game utilizing a revolutionary deception gameplay mechanic that adds a whole new dimension to its classic faction and resource collection based battlefield action. This mechanic allows and encourages players to engage in elaborate tactics of misdirection, which are as important as any other battlefield tactic to overall success in-game. Additional important features include six historically accurate Allied and Axis nation factions from the conflict, each with specific units, huge maps magnifying the importance of strategy and multiplayer support up to eight players.
Developed by Eugen Systems, R.U.S.E is a WWII based Real-time Strategy (RTS) game that is set to refresh the genre through the introduction of battlefield deception on a major scale. Of course the existence of deception as a tactic is as old as the RTS genre itself, but the approach to this taken by R.U.S.E is far beyond anything that has come before it. Instead of the one-off ploys and minor misdirections enacted at players’ discretion seen in other games, R.U.S.E. Raises deception to the level of an integral battlefield tactic. Deceptive tactics, known as “Ruses,” allow players to do things like bluff enemies in order to lead your nation’s army to victory, camouflage your troops, lure your opponent with decoy units, sabotage his logistics and more. Ruses are built into the game’s mechanics in the form of “cards” that can be played at particular times. There are many of these to choose from and use in accordance with particular scenarios and unit abilities. Just a few of these include:
- Radio Silence – A way to hides all units in a sector from an enemy intelligence system.
- Spy Plan – Reveals all unidentified units in the sector and keeps spy units hidden from the enemy detection system as long as they do not leave the affected area.
- Decryption – Reveals all enemy orders in a chosen sector.
- Decoy Offensive – Creates 5 decoy units to simulate an actual attack, drawing enemy forces out.
- Camouflage Net – Hides buildings and production facilities from enemy intelligence resulting in possible flanking scenarios by unexpected forces and unseen resources.
Dimension is another fundamental aspect of R.U.S.E. That highlights the importance of deception. The IRISZOOM Engine, utilized by R.U.S.E. Displays maps a hundred times larger than in traditional RTS games, which raises strategy to an unprecedented scale and gives deception a lot more depth. With the zoom, you are able to both command your units as a chief-in-command and manage your troops at a tactical level as a ground officer; for example by deploying a fake offensive on your opponent’s HQ while carefully hiding your infantry in villages to ambush the surrounding tanks.
Playable Factions and Multiplayer
Because R.U.S.E. Is set during the WWII era, playable factions seen within the game are reflected in the combatants of that conflict. Centered around the European theater, players can expect see nations including: US, UK, Germany, USSR, Italy and France. Each have specific units, strengths, tendencies and tactical deceptive leanings. Also, since fooling a human player is very different than doing the same against AI, in addition to a deep 23-mission single player campaign, multiplayer options play a major role in R.U.S.E., To the tune of up to 8 players getting together and battling it out online across huge battlefields. In fact, multiplayer is the dominant mode available in R.U.S.E. And players will be able to set up games with their own preferences thanks to several parameters (number of available ruses, conditions of victory, game time, 1939, 1942 or 1945 mode, etc.).
Key Game Features
- RTS action that includes becoming a master of deception on the battlefield using tactics like decoys, camouflage, radio silence, deciphering to mislead enemies.
- Experience war as a strategist commanding a huge spectrum of mechanized and infantry units.
- Choose between six Axis or Allied powers with specific units and abilities and tactical leanings.
- Test your strategic skills with fast-paced, addictive adversarial skirmishes, up to 8 players.
- R.U.S.E. Displays maps a hundred times larger than in traditional RTS games, which makes raises strategy to an unprecedented scale and gives deception a lot more depth.
- Store Name: Vivid Gold
- Vendor: Vivid Gold
- No ratings found yet!